Mahmudullah on the field with thrills like a child


What can anyone do when they enter Sher-e-Bangla Stadium for the first time! Maybe you will look around and see the vastness of the field, you will look at the high gallery, you will touch the grass. After a four-and-a-half-month breakup with Priya Angina, Mahmudullah had a new experience. This experienced cricketer got a taste of everything in a new way back on the field.

Mahmudullah played for Gazi Cricketers in the Dhaka Premier League match on March 16. After one round of play, the league has been suspended due to the outbreak of coronavirus. Mahmudullah never turned away. After a long break, he finally returned to the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium on Wednesday.

After Eid, the singles practice of cricketers under the supervision of BCB is scheduled to resume from Saturday. But Mahmudullah started earlier, on a personal level. There was no trainer. The experienced all-rounder told bdnews24.com about the experience of returning after a long absence.
“Ever since I decided to go to the field, I have been feeling like a child. It may sound ridiculous, I fell asleep late last night in excitement! I didn't go to the field for such a long time, I don't think it has happened before. ”

"Everything seemed new after entering the field today. I looked around, saw everything in the gallery, the field, and realized better how much I missed. I touched the grass and sat down. Everything here is familiar to us. Even then it seemed like I was seeing everything new. ”

He was not in a single practice under the supervision of the board before Eid. However, he said, he will join from Saturday. Before that, he tested his condition a little.

“I did a little running today. I made ten rounds in the field. I did some more work. Then I did a light knock. It was good to do all this after many days. The atmosphere of the field is different, this taste is not available at home. Not officially, today I did it on my own initiative. I hope to join officially from Saturday. ”

"I have tried my best to maintain my fitness as much as possible. But there is a big difference between running on a treadmill at home and running on the field. Not just because of the environment, but also because of the physical. Running on a treadmill does not require body force, but the body has to pull itself on the field. There are many more. But it's not very complicated, everything will be fine in time. ”

Post a Comment

0 Comments